Microsoft .NET Framework is a set of libraries provided by Microsoft to schedule and run native applications on Windows.
The Microsoft has developed a framework that assists developer to work in a much preferred environment. The Micrsoft’s .NET framework accommodates in better development of application and it is provided with a Microsoft windows system.
But there is problem in .NET framework that it easily gets corrupted, slowly and steadily the .NET framework stops working. The .NET framework does not get corrupted because of external virus, it happens because there is a windows bug that comes with windows updates and slowly eats away the .NET framework.
Why .NET gets corrupted?
More and more programs use Microsoft. NET Framework and Windows Update requires you to install the latest version. However, occasionally you may encounter problems when installing, updating or re-installing. Microsoft provides an official solution in the form of Microsoft. NET Framework Repair Tool, which analyzes the problem and solves it.
Here are few steps that would not just secure the .NET framework but moreover assist you in making better applications continuously.
Instructions to fix/repair an existing (Installed) .NET Framework :
1. First of all, You’ll need to know which version you are having in your system. You can know this by opening control panel and then add/remove programs. Most likely it might be one of the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5.
2. Now, its time to start repairing work, this step is really important. Try to obtain the original installation source and simply reinstall it. Source might be a CD , DVD or pendrive.
3. Now, go to the “Run” in the Start menu and post the given command
H:dotnetframeworkdotnetfx.exe /t:c:temp /c:”msiexec.exe /i c:tempnetfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus”
and click OK.
4. Don’t forget to replace the *H:dotnetframeworkdotnetfx.exe* with the original path of source file in your system. Also, create a “C:temp” folder if you don’t have one.
Moreover, there is a windows tool that could be downloaded freely from the windows website and that has truly easier and automated technique for correcting and repairing the .NET Framework. The tool follows a simple four step method:
- It attempts to troubleshoot the problem.
- It applies the fixes in spite of the fact that the fixes are connected just after fitting client consent.
- It attempts to repair the harmed and broken .NET framework
- When all of its work is done, it essentially gathers client’s log for future reference and moreover for academic research. However this is in addition done by legitimate client consent.
Microsoft .Net Framework Repair Tool free download – click here
One noticeable thing is that this tool is only for newer version of .NET system. For the older versions you’ll need to follow the above stated manual method.