Google Earth is a application program that was originally called EarthViewer 3D. It was created by Keyhole Inc, a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) funded company which was later acquired by Google in 2004. Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographical information program. The maps are composed of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS 3D globe. Google Earth is a downloadable software solution that comprises satellite imagery and maps with most locations around the world, giving you the power to browse all of them straight from your desktop.
Google Earth is presented in a simple and clean interface to the user. The user can easily zoom in, zoom out and move around using just the mouse. It also has search box feature by using it one can directly jump to a certain location. One of the greatest things about Google Earth is its Street View option that gets you right on the street. However, not all locations are included in this view. It also comes with Flash videos in placemark balloons and also with dedicated tools to search for restaurants, parks and other points of interests quick and easy. You can always enjoy great 3D views with the help of especially created buildings in some of the most popular cities in the world, while at the same time you can save and share your favorite locations with just one click.
Google Earth remains one of the most interesting applications ever created. You can’t get bored at all and if you really wish to know the Earth better than anytime before, this application is among the first things to go for. It’s only a matter of time until you get used to Google Earth and the more you discover, the easier it is to enjoy the powerful functions of this software.
Key features of “Google Earth” are as follows:
- It provides Navigation controls to Look around, move and zoom into any location.
- 3D buildings View provides hundreds of realistic photo of new buildings in many of the world’s cities.
- Sun and shadows View is a view which shows animated shadows as they move across the landscape.
- Discover famous sights with the tour guide
- Get driving directions.
- Imagery date information.
- Take flight over new 3D imagery, Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
- Flash videos in placemark balloons.
- Fly from space to your neighborhood, Type in an address and zoom right in.
- Search for schools, parks, restaurants and hotels.
- Support for new language versions.
- Save and share your searches and favorites.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows, MAC or Linux
- CPU: Pentium 3, 500Mhz
- System Memory (RAM): 128MB
- Hard Disk: 400MB free space
- Network Speed: 128 Kbits/sec
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM
- Screen: 1024×768, “16-bit High Color”