Today, we will provide you guide or tutorial on How to root HTC Wildfire S. It is one of the best smartphones by company. It has been a long time that this smartphone made debut.
Though the hardware features are good to make it stand with the smartphones of present. But the software, the Android version has gone very old and we need to root HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone.
If you own this smartphone, then you don’t need to panic, as rooting is solution of old version of Android in your HTC Wildfire S.
Why to Root HTC Wildfire S ?
Rooting is required to install custom ROM on your Android device. It gives you the hidden powers, and thus allows you to use your Android device without any limit.
Rooting is simple task, but only then, if you learn it from an easy-to-understand tutorial. Check out the simple tutorial on rooting your HTC Wildfire S.
If you have done rooting on any Android device ever before, then you might be familiar with the risks involved in it. The process may lead to damage of your Android device, and data wipe up. Try the process at your own risk. Don’t blame us for any unpleasant happening.
Prerequisites to Root HTC Wildfire S :
- Your HTC Wildfire S’s battery must be charged to at least 60 percent.
- Back up of data is an important and wise step to do, before starting the rooting process.
- Make sure the bootloader of your HTC Wildfire S is unlocked. If it is not, then you need to do it. This is simple to do. Check out the process for this here.
- USB Debugging Mode must be enabled for the process. You can enable it by going to the Settings section of your HTC Wildfire S. Then Applications>Development, and these check the box that reads ‘Enable USB Debugging Mode’.
How to Root HTC Wildfire S Easily (Step-By-Step Guide)
- Download a file named PG76IMG.zip. Download it from this link.
- You also need to download Root Script. Download it from this link.
- Use the USB cable to connect your HTC Wildfire S with your PC/Laptop. Now transfer both these downloaded files from there to SD card of your HTC Wildfire S before rooting.
- Restart your HTC Wildfire S in HBoot Mode. Press the Volume and Power buttons till you see the HBoot Screen.
- A message of Apply Update will be popped up soon. When it happens, press the Volume Up key.
- The update will get started, and once it is done, press the Power button to restart your device.
- The use of the file downloaded first is done. Now only second file, the root.zip only is important for us.
- Again restart your HTC Wildfire S to HBoot Mode. Yeah, by the same procedure.
- Volume Keys are used to navigate through the options in HBoot screen. Navigate to option Enter into Recovery Mode.
- Navigate to Install Zip from SD card. There, select the option Zip file from the SD card. Here you need to locate the file that you downloaded in the second step. The Root.zip file.
- Confirm the file by tapping ‘Yes‘. The rooting process of your mobile will get initiated. Just wait for few minutes.
- Your HTC Wildfire S will restart once the rooting is done.
Your HTC Wildfire S has been rooted successfully. If you have faced any type of problem while rooting HTC Wildfire S then please do comment and let us know the issues, we will get to you soon. Till that time please do share this article as well as check out other posts on our blog. Good Bye!